Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting HQ web and social media banners

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I've been having a bit of an issue with exporting banners and images for web and social media. My job entails compositing banners using HQ images from businesses we work with. However, I've been finding that as these original images are so high quality, when I resize them down and composite them into a web or social media banner size, and export them, they become blurry once online (worst bit is, they aren't blurry all the time, it's sporadic). I know Facebook compresses images, but I'm wondering if there is a completely foolproof way to export banners so they aren't blurry. I feel really dumb because this feels like something I should know how to do. 

Thanks in advance for helping a derp out! 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would make your Photoshop files larger than your final output; if you have large source files to work with you can probably double or quadruple the size of your master file (keeping the same aspect ratio). Then when it comes to time to save the final versions, don't use the Save command. Go to File>Export>Export As... 

In that window you can choose a smaller size for the final output and choose your compression (if using JPEG). You should get a much cleaner output if PS is downsizing from a larger image.

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines