• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting in jpg can not compress !! if it's 0 quality or 12 max quality, same Mo

Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when i export a PSD file to jpg file i can select the compression but it's not change the size (in Mo) of the file. Thanks t o help me, i have deinstall Photoshop 2020 and reinstall it but same result.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you exporting it? Are you doing a save as, save for web, generate?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Melissa, in addition to the output method, how are you comparing? Both files open in Photoshop or the saved file size on disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers, in fact, I had an image of 1280px on 600px but with a lot of details, suddenly Photoshop could not compress through the menu save as then JPG. Suddenly, I tried for the first time to go through export for the web which offers the possibility of compressing more. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that the jury is still out on this one!

Export and Save for Web strip metadata. So if your image is now smaller, it could be that the original is still bloated more than it has to be.

On your original PSD or other master file (not the jpeg)... Go to File > File > Info and then click on Raw Data.

What do you see? Is there a message that the data can't be shown? Do you see a whole lot of XMP entries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines