• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Indesign to Photoshop Script problem

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very excited to use the PageToPSLayersV7.zip script created by Rob Day to transfer Indesign files into Photoshop with layers, but am having problems and wonder if anyone else has solved this...

Rob says you need to make sure your CS5 Photoshop version is 12.0.4 or higher so I updated to the latest release I could find for my MacOS (10.13.6) so I updated to 12.0.5 by following this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/security-update-photoshop.html

*note to those who try to do this, you first have to downgrade your Java by following this link:

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

After updating my Photoshop, I tried using Rob's script and it "locked" at this step

executeAction( cTID('Plc '), placeAction, DialogModes.NO );

In the debug window, it said that this was a "general Photoshop error and my version of Photohop may not support this functionality."

Then I remembered I hadn't restored my Javascript to the latest revision so I upgraded it and got the same result.

According to Rob's notes for using the script, everything should work just fine with this revision and I haven't seen this problem reported elsewhere.  I am not a scripting expert at all, so any help (Rob??) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

it seems like the download link of the script is broken ,, could you please re-share it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @amro227063313rv8 , I converted the original AppleScript to JavaScript last year and the latest versions are here:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/11873033-f682-4425-68bd-239afeda1e0f

I have tested both on CC2021 running on Mojave. There was an AppleScript bug with InDesign 16.01, which got fixed with 16.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines