Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to PDF Large File Size After Troubleshooting

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So I'm making a presentation (pitch deck) that will be roughly 8 slides in total. The slides themselves aren't too complicated, around 10 - 15 layers. When I Save As > PDF for a single slide, the PDF is 70mb+.

I've looked up almost every forum post on here about getting file size down and tried things like flattening layers or merging layers in the PSD; I've turned off "Layers" before getting into PDF settings; turned off "Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities" and it still only reduces the file size by 2MB so it's 68MB+. If I compress the document to an acceptable file size, the quality is horrendous.

I've tried virtually every option in the PDF save settings and I can't find a good mix between file quality and file size. Keep in mind this is just one slide and there would be another 7 slides going together.

So far my workaround is exporting slides as JPGs then using Acrobat to build the PDF which is working, maybe 5% compression on quality but file size is 600KB. Would just love to know if there is something I'm doing wrong in PS.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of File > Save As PDF, have you tried File > Print, and select the PDF print driver?

Are you able to post the PSD file so that we can see if we can troubleshoot it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines