Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to SVG results in empty file

Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two icons (shapes) in PSD file. When saving as SVG, one of them is saved correctly, but other results in empty SVG file. There seems to be no major differences in both icons, they have same shape, only different colors. Second icon is in initially hidden layer.

Exporting to PNG works correctly for both icons.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem. I'm not aware of any known issues similar to this. If you can share your file (Share>Send lInk) and either PM the link to me or post it here I can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be an issue with hidden layers. If layer is in hidden group - exported SVG will be empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed; I was able to reproduce the issue here with the test file you provided privately; thank you. SVG export has its own code path that declines to output anything because it thinks the layer is not visible. I've filed a bug report internally. Unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA for a fix, nor a good workaround for you, at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm glad to know the issue was acknowledged and will be fixed. For now I'll ask designers to provide icons in separate, not hidden layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn' t been fixed since 2015? I am having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines