Highlighted

Extend script to format a file in a couple of different ways or an Action if possible

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.,

I havean issue where I have a lot ofArt work that I need to be able to automate/reformat. Bassically I need to script that if I run it on a photoshop file. It will resize the image to H/W whatever is bigger to 400 then export to PNG to a folder. Then resize the H/W to 250 from whatever the bigger number is and export to a GIF file in a folder. Last but not least Keep the resize to 250, flatten, then export to a BMP file to a folder.

I have an action that will save as as a BMP, but I cannot setup an action for the export function.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

For the BMP if you want color use the 24bit option.

image.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extend script to format a file in a couple of different ways or an Action if possible

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.,

I havean issue where I have a lot ofArt work that I need to be able to automate/reformat. Bassically I need to script that if I run it on a photoshop file. It will resize the image to H/W whatever is bigger to 400 then export to PNG to a folder. Then resize the H/W to 250 from whatever the bigger number is and export to a GIF file in a folder. Last but not least Keep the resize to 250, flatten, then export to a BMP file to a folder.

I have an action that will save as as a BMP, but I cannot setup an action for the export function.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

image.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the plug-in image processor Pro.  All you need to do then is use menu File>Automate>Images Processor pro and set its dialog to save  your flat files.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work for CC2020? When I look for where to download it from I can only find a sourceforge location that says it works for CC2015. This will be an ongoing process, that needs to scale into further versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly what I'm looking for though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it works in the version of Photoshop and bridge I install it in.  CS6, CC 2014, CC 2018, CC 2019, PS 2020.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it installed and testing it now! if this works... that would be amazing. Thank so much for the direction!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank X he is the Author the programmer of Image Processor Pro.....

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works flawlessly for PNG and GIF, it makes BMP images comeout Black and white for some reason. I've tried all of the output profiles but same result.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! thank you much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0