• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extending/shortening multiple video layers at a time

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you didn't used to be able to extend multiple video layers at one time, but has this been updated??

I am trying to move (extend) 50+ layers in the timeline in Photoshop CC 2017, but would like to be able to highlight (shift click) all of them and extend at the same time. How is this done??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Hi

You can move them backward and forward together. But trimming (i.e. shortening or extending) can only be done on one clip at a time

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been no change.

You can move clips together but can only trim one at a time

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, thank you for responding. Do you mean you can extend clips together? or just move them back and forth in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can move them backward and forward together. But trimming (i.e. shortening or extending) can only be done on one clip at a time

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the case in CC 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you can only adjust them one at a time, I have found this method is pretty speedy.

1. Select a layer and record a new Action in the actions panel.
  2. From the Timeline panel, drop down the menu in the top right and choose "Move and Trim > Trim End at Playhead" (This can only be done with one layer at a time ... I tried)
  3. Stop recording your action and set a keyboard shortcut (I use F2).

Now it's just a matter of dragging one layer out so you can move the playhead to where you want to extend your layers to, then select each layer and hit your shortcut key. I found it's a lot faster than dragging out each layer by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really cant understand why the function to adjust multiple layers is still not there. Being only able to this layer by layer is so tedious and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't understand why Adobe takes so long to make obvious updates like this.

Not advanced programmer, but I'm pretty sure they can do this in less than a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have look at animdessin2, though its not optimized for video frames. It works super nice. I've been helping upgrading it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An extension I helped work on, will do this and my ch more. Look for animdessin2 extension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please add this funtionality - ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe, please add..."

Hi

This is a user forum. If you want to make a feature request and want the Adobe product team to see it, then you can do so here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

EDIT: Things have changed since this post was written in May 2020. The Feedback forum is closed. Bugs and Ideas now go in those sections of the Photoshop forum instead of in Discussions.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Horshack!  This solved it for me as well, great script!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a Photoshop script that will let you resize multiple layers in a timeline and also reposition/stagger those layers. Here's a link to GitHub repository where you can download the script.

https://github.com/horshack-dpreview/Photoshop-Timeline-Layer-Resizer

Screenshot:

Photoshop Timeline Layer Resizer Screenshot.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much. This is brilliant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a super helpful script. Thanks @Horshack !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this amazing extension by Stephane Baril and last year i started adding new stuff to this extension. I still need to do some work on and perhaps move to UXP. But that will take more time as im not familliar with it.

Ive added tons of new features to this extensen, like @Horshack shows above, it can also do multiple timelines. Though this script is for frames animation.

https://github.com/sbaril/Photoshop-Animation/issues/8

First add i madeFirst add i made

Last thing i added is a custom new document dialog. It is specially dedicated to animation formats, calculates time and frames. I can chop the frames automatically.
Dedicated new doc dialogDedicated new doc dialog

The thing im mostly proud of is a time line scrubber. Normally when your zoomed in, its tideouis to scroll around, especially with big timeframes. I was inspired a bit by the After Effects time line scrubber. I added it to it own panel or you can show it in the main animation tool panel.

Preview of how it worksPreview of how it works

Preview of scrubber in animation tool panelPreview of scrubber in animation tool panelPreview of seoarate scrubber panelPreview of seoarate scrubber panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horshack, you are a gentleman and a scholar.  This script is perfect.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We made a animation panel called animdessin2 it has many cool features. Have a look at github

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you!!! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're an absolute legend, thank you! helped so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a look at the link I posted about animdessin2. Perhaps it can help you as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane that it is still not possible..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines