Extension automatically being added to filename

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently when I perform a "Save As" or  "Save A Copy" in Photoshop, it adds a -Edit to my filename.  This is new and has never happened with previous versions. I have not changed my workflow.  Prior to the recent update, I could export from LR classic into PS by selecting "Edit in Adobe Photoshop." I would then make my my edits in PS, flatten the image and then use the "Save As" command to save the file to the directory location I desired (not the same directory as the original raw file).  When I do this with the latest version of photoshop, -Edit is automatically added to the end of my file name.  I am performing the same steps that I have always performed: export from LR, edit in photoshop, and then select Save As.  Previously, there was no -Edit.  How to I get rid of this "-Edit" extension without having to manually delete it?  I tried to change my export settings in PS to uncheck the "Save As to Original Folder" thinking it had something to do with LR classics catalog pointing to the directory of the raw file.  However, that feature doesn't do anything different regardless if the box is checked or not.  In fact, it pulls up the last directory accessed regardless if the box is checked or not (completely separate issue than I described above).  Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save and save as functions have changed with the new Photoshop update.

This was due to Apple OS API changes they made it consistent on both Mac and Win going forward.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I have been using the save a copy feature and that works for me; however, I do not like that it adds the "-Edit" onto the back of my file name? Do you know of a way to not let it do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't option in preferences for such thing, as far as I know, if that is what are you looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines