• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Hard Drive not showing space for scratch disks Mimics Startup

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external Hard drive plugged in to my mac to be able to run photoshop since I can't seem to clear enough space for any decent amount of time on my startup drive. However, when I try to start photoshop it says my external hard drive has the exact same amount of space free as my startup disk (It doesn't my external should have over 100 GB of space) Has anyone beenable to resolve this issue? I use photoshop daily for work so this is really inhibiting my ability to do my job since an external hard drive is essentially useless right now. (Untitled is my startup and 12222018 is my external)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version? Since you're working on macOS, please ensure that the external drive is in the macOS Extended (Journaled) file format.

If the drive is already in the said file format, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Also, please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac and check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines