Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Extras' Grid applied by default since last photoshop update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Since my last update, every time I open something in Ps 2021 an 'Extras' Grid is applied by default. That's not a big deal but as I work with a lot of images and deselect it from "View menu" for each image opened  :

it begins to be quite annoying. Does anybody know where it comes from?

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

@FullAdober wrote:

an 'Extras' Grid is applied by default.

When you turn off the grid from the View menu, are you doing it by choosing "Extras" or by clicking "Show" and turning it off there? Toggling "Extras" will turn on (or off) everything that is checked in the Show menu. If it is unchecked in "Show" then it will stay off.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will remember if a file was last saved with the grid turned on, but it shouldn't happen with new files or files opened after a restart.  That is to say, even if the Grid was turned on when you last closed Photoshop, it should be turned off when you next open it.   So your settings have got into a bit of a tizz by the sound of it.

I generally hate suggesting a Preferences reset right up front, but I have a feeling that's what it is going to take to fix your problem.  You could try resetting all tools first, but I don't think that will help in this instance.  If resetting Preferences doesn't fix it, I would be looking at reinstalling Photoshop.  Let us know how you get on.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Trevor
Thank you for your reply, I'm going to try your advices and tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

After trying Jane's solution below, it worked. In fact,  I didn't need to reset preferences fortunately.

Post is solved, thank you

Salem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FullAdober wrote:

an 'Extras' Grid is applied by default.

When you turn off the grid from the View menu, are you doing it by choosing "Extras" or by clicking "Show" and turning it off there? Toggling "Extras" will turn on (or off) everything that is checked in the Show menu. If it is unchecked in "Show" then it will stay off.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane,

Simple, sharp and smart.

Thank you for your support. Actually it worked!

As you said, I toggled "Extras" and not the "Show" menu. By toggling "grid" in "Show" menu everything is OK.

I thought that I knew Photoshop very well before this misadventure   🙂

Salem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@FullAdober wrote:

Hello Jane,

I thought that I knew Photoshop very well before this misadventure   🙂

You're welcome, Salem. There is always something for all of us to learn in Photoshop, it seems. @Trevor.Dennis,  who also answered on this thread always amazes me when folks ask "what brush was used here" or "how was this made" and he can look at it and give them step-by-step.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines