• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme lagg, long load time and grey blocks effecting project view

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with Photoshop for the past four months, but recently it has taken a turn for the worst where I'm unable to work effectively on my client projects due to extremely long loading times, grey squares covering my work and lots of lagg. I have created a work around for now, where I add time in my proposals for the program's faults, however for the cost of my membership, it feels unjust that the program is behaving this poorly. I have a brand new Macbook Pro, so I'm certain my computer is up-to-date on the requirements for the software. I downloaded the latest update (22.1) today and there is no change to the functionality of the app. I'm really hoping that this is fixed soon as this is a key program in a lot of my projects and it's actively causing my deadlines to get pushed while I wait 10-15 minutes for a file to load.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's not allowing me to save or export my file at all, for a project that I just spent 3 hours trying to edit due to lagg... Has anyone solved these issues? I'm using 22.1 version right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to be connected to that cloud save option. Prior to that all was fine. I think tis trying to connect and all kind of back-end stuff, this is causing major lags.

]Crazy things i dont use the feature, it should have an option to use or not. Not everybody in the world has 50mbps + internet speed. My guess lower internet-speed also causes lag here.

Another thing which lags is the layer composition and the feature "Layer Comp Selection for Smart Objects". When you use the option to also link layer composition of linked objects it again a lags crazy. Its nice having the feature, but i think its running over all layer comps when updating and reading documents. Ive posted on this issue with an example pin-pointing the issue. Without it documents handle like before, much smoother.

Perhaps they should check their scripts how they run these objects. I sure hope they are function properly. I know certain method of scripting have really bad influence on speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe Photoshop. Have you tried to reset preferences? Have you also tried to uninstall the program using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool? What are the features of your Macbook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me! I tried that and the program is still lagging a lot. It has been like this for the past few months, but it's gotten a lot worse where I can't export or save "there is a program error" keeps popping up when this happens. My graphics card is turned off so it's not that. My computer details are as follows: 
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

- 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

- 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

- Macintosh HD

- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even for very small files, I am not able to save. This has never happened before and I have two client projects due this afternoon that both use Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines