Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely laggy interface from version 21.0 up

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

I've had this issue going on for many months now and I'd hoped it would resolve in the latest version I just updated to, but it's still there. 

There is really bad issue with document and interface interaction, causing extreme lag when panning and zooming the image, and also often ending up causing a program crash. 

I am fairly certain it has to do with the GPU integration, as if I turn that off it goes away (tho running without GPU has it's own lag and problems) 

I've managed to narrow it down to something about the document canvas interacting with the UI. If I zoom out so it's small in the center of the screen, it will pan around smoothly. But as soon as the document intersects the document window, or any UI element it lags out badly. 

If I go to full screen mode it is smooth until it goes under any UI panel - if I press tab to hide all UI elements it then works very smoothly. 

This is driving me crazy as I have not been able to work in a version newer than CC 2019, and I really need some of the new features in my workflow. 

I'm running on Windows 10, 32gb ram, RTX 2070, i7 8700. I updated the Nvidia drivers, to no avail. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - My only other one is to do a full system re-install, but I would greatly like to avoid that if possible. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't seem to edit my original post. 

I have narrowed it down further - I had an idea to play with the settings that modify interface utility. I always have animated zoom and flick panning turned off, ever since those 'features' were introduced. 

I turned flick panning back on again, and it totally smoothed out the performance. So it would seem that turning off flick panning breaks my photoshop - this is pretty frustrating.

Any ideas why this is? 

I haven't used it long enough just now to know if it fixes the crashing problem, I will have to see about that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines