• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

! EXTREMELY TIME SENSITIVE! Help with Brush recovery and History Box

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My history box seems to clear history if I leave the window of Photoshop. I have a Macbook Pro (older kind).

I accidentally hit the Undo button too many times, and lost hours (HOURS) of lineart work. I did get the lineart back for a short moment but as I navigated the layers it seems it vanished again??

I feel extremely stressed out at the moment, and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We all have felt your pain. I'm so sorry that you are having this issue. 

First, Have you saved your file with the lineart intact? Have you closed your file? If you haven't then don't close it yet. Take a screenshot of your Photoshop window and post it so we can take a look at it.

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These kinds of things happen to all of us occasionally. Always regularly make incrementally named backup copies of your work and keep copies externally, as well as on your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish Photoshop had a built in increment and save, there's a third party plugin: https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/3bYW/increment-save-photoshop-script

and a thread to vote for that feature to be added natively to Ps: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-increment-and-save-command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines