Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye Dropper/Colour Sampler Tool-Not showing correct

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am having an issue with the Eye Dropper and Colour Sampler tool not showing correctly when making selections on an image, See below: 

Jackie_b123_0-1604446385709.png

The #1 and #2 samples that I selected are meant to show two sets of numbers in each RGB section allowing me to make adjustments s to one side. I am only getting one. 

I have tried resetting preferences, reinstalling Photoshop, doing a system restore. I am using a surface book 2 (not using the touchscreen section, just using as a regular laptop) 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help 

Jackie

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click at the top right of the info panel and choose Panel options. It looks like you may have "Always show composite color values" checked. If so, uncheck it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your message. I don't have this checked, I was looking into
that yesterday.

[image: image.png]

Can you think of any other things it could be?

Thank you

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you tell us about your software.  On Windows 10 withe Photoshop 2021 version 22 with an RGB mode document this is what I see.image.png 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just updated to Windows 10, using Photoshop 2021, RGB colour mode.

Thanks

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackie. I'm not 100% clear on your issue. If I understand correctly it seems that you are expecting two Colour Samples to be displayed within the Info panel yet are only seeing one. Can you please confirm that you have placed two Colour Samples on your document. Can you do this in a new document? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Micheal, 

I have placed one colour sample. It should be showing two sets of numbers under RGB allowing me to adjust. I am only getting one. 

Should look like 

R: 24/ 29

G: 28/31

B: 29/32

Jackie_b123_0-1604452074623.png

Thank you 

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info Panel shows two sets of values for different color mode  of  the pixel under the cursor position like RGB values and CMYK values

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI JJ, 

I have those selected. It doesn't make any difference. Which I select, I don't get the second set of numbers showing next to the first set here. 

Jackie_b123_0-1604461552611.png

Thanks

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines