• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper selected after playing an action

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i use actions such as dodge and burn i generally always use the gratient tool first, that or the dodge tool and this was generally always selected but recently something has changed, maybe through an update but after every action i use now the system automatically selects the eyedropper tool which i rarely use. This isn't the end of the world but it does slow down my work flow.

Any ideas why this happens or how i can change it?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could put the action and let's see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would mean rewriting all my actions. My point is this never used to happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»My point is this never used to happen«

And that point appeears meaningless when we cannot see what the Actions contain. 

Please post a screenshot of one of the Actions expanded in the Actions Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Geppetto means that you could post the action here, and not put as in put down...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are stating there is a bug in your Photoshop installation that if you play this brush action

image.png

on your system after the action is played the bug will automatically change the current tool to the eyedropper tool. An action would need to use a script to select the eyedropper tool.  Do you have any event  handlers installed in your photoshop Script event manager?  Can you record and play the select bush action to make sure the bug always bites when you play an action?

image.png

If it does open your Script Event Manager to see if there are any event handlers active listed.

image.png

If there are any check out what they do. An event handler script can easly activate the eyedropper tool.

Mine just add garbage to the document's info meta data if  its not in there.  I need it there.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines