Highlighted

Eyedropper won't select from outside PS CS5 on Mac running High Sierra

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've not used PS for quite sometime and, of course as luck would have it, having returned to it for a simple task it doesn't seem work. I want to use the Eyedropper to sample color in a window outside of PS.  I understand I ought to be able to left-click within my document and then drag the cursor outside the PS window to, for example, a webpage and sample the color.  As soon as the cursor moves outside of PS the sample color reverts to black.  I have reset the tool and reset my preferences.  Other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Eyedropper won't select from outside PS CS5 on Mac running High Sierra

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've not used PS for quite sometime and, of course as luck would have it, having returned to it for a simple task it doesn't seem work. I want to use the Eyedropper to sample color in a window outside of PS.  I understand I ought to be able to left-click within my document and then drag the cursor outside the PS window to, for example, a webpage and sample the color.  As soon as the cursor moves outside of PS the sample color reverts to black.  I have reset the tool and reset my preferences.  Other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that, please have a look at this conversation and see if you have a similar option on High Sierra or not: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/eye-dropper-tool-not-selecting-color-outside-of-photoshop/t...

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a similar option in High Sierra.  The option to select Screen Recording doesn't exist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0