Highlighted

Fade tool not available from Photos Edit menu

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Fade tool doesn't show up if I open Photoshop Express from the Edit menu in the Photos app. Is this a bug?

Topics

iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fade tool not available from Photos Edit menu

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Fade tool doesn't show up if I open Photoshop Express from the Edit menu in the Photos app. Is this a bug?

Topics

iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS v11.4.1

Photoshop Express v6.6.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Due to memory constraints in using the app from Photos app , we have not exposed all the features in the extension (opening through photos app). You use all the features by opening the app directly. 

If you do not want to create a new copy and just want to overwrite the existing photo (like while editing through Photos Edit menu), you can disable the 'Save as Copy" setting from App settings ->Preferences.

Please let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks!

Kusha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RussellZ LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not really intuitive. Perhaps you should make that more clear in the app and release notes?

I've never heard of this issue before in other apps. Perhaps you would also consider including this tool and removing some lesser-used ones?    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines