Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to install a plugin in Photoshop with a .ccx file

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am unable to install the Gradiate plugin into Photoshop 22.01. I've been instructed to double click the .ccx file but that's not working - the plugin installer just flashes on the screen very quickly then disappears and no installation occurs.

My creative cloud app is up to date and I am working on a Mac running OS Big Sur 11.01.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Holly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. have you managed to resolve it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The problem was that I had moved the .ccx file away from the desktop into another folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am unable to use a .ccx installer file on my MacStudio (Monterey). This is for the ProPanel plugin. The installer icon initially appeared as a blank white icon with the ccx file extension in the name field After a computer restart, the icon now appears as a white space with the letters Ps showing, and the finder is identifying this as a Photoshop file. When clicked, I see the message that Photoshop does mot recognize this type file. This installer ran perfectly on my MacMini, which also is am M1 Silicon device with the same security settings. The only difference is an M1 chip on the Mini, and an M1 Max on the Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. The maker of the plugin that's giving me trouble said it is an Adobe problem but I can't seem to find an answer. Did you ever find an answer to your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines