• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Can you help deblur or improve license plate detail?

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Car-web-999.jpg

The Photoshop and Photoshop Elements forums receive many requests for help (for reasons specific to each request) with deblurring of car license plates or improving frame detail that may have been recorded via dash camera or other means.

While Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are able to improve these images, and in rare cases may be able to expose more detail, this kind of request should be directed to local law enforcement officials, and is not something we would normally assist with on these forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Hi

That is something we do not assist with on these forums. You will need to seek help from law enforcement. See this thread from Adobe Staff: FAQ: Can you help deblur or improve license plate detail?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Sorry that is not something we do on these forums, even if it were technically feasible. You need to approach your local law enforcement.

See here for the official answer: FAQ: Can you help deblur or improve license plate detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

That is not something we do on these forums, following advice from Adobe, even where technically possible (which is rarer than you might think). If it is associated with a legal issue  - contact your local law enforcement.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the uploaded file has severe compression artifacts and insuficient resolution to even determine the make and model of the car....let alone the license plate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting pictures to the forum it reduces the image size. If you can upload the original image file to Dropbox or other file sharing site it may have more resolution. I'm not hopeful it will help, but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the police. WE CAN NOT HELP YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this video online and exported all the frames to look at because the voice of the girl sounded like my friend who recently passed away. Something about the voice made me want to help. The police won't do anything if I contact them. I live in Illinois. This happened in Colorado. I picked the frame with the best picture to try to get the plate, only then would the police care. Right now, they have virtually no evidence to determine who did this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what did that car do?

Was it involved in the death of your friend?

Call the Colorado State police/highway patrol and give them all the info you have.

I'm not sure how this video you found on the internet has anything to do with your friend death EVEN IF it is her voice.

Did she die in a car crash?

And you said you found this video online. I ask Why? Why where you searching for video taken from inside a car?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This subject shows up from time to time. Often from a new member, often their only posting. Always suspicious of it.

If you have a proper purpose, contact your local Police for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had surgery on my soulder and knee,can someone use drizzle to help me find the tan 2003 nissan murano's licence plate number pleas? ill pay .if i knew how to help i would for free.please please im in pain please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im in the gray honda accord ...the tan nissan is right behind me.please help me please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry , but even if that were technically feasible, it is not something we do on this forum. You need to contact local law enforcement

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is best photo shop to clean up these plates 

02916F3A-32D5-46A1-8913-BA11CCB6C2D2.jpeg

What is the best phots shoot to clean a blurry plate that is on the move .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I unblur or sharpen a photo of a number plate

A lorry hit my parked car while I had my kids inside 

[IMAGES REMOVED BY MODERATOR.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. My husband had something stolen out of his car and someone snapped a picture of the car but I can't quite read the license plate number off of it. I feel like I am so close to being able to read it, but just need to figure out how to make it a little clearer. Can anyone help, please?IMG_3676.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's position on deblur requests:

FAQ: Can you help deblur or improve license plate detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to chime in: If you ever want to be prepared for a situation like this, make sure your phone's camera can capture RAW and use that mode; it won't compress the living JPEG daylights out of the image like this one. It'll use more storage, of course, but it's better than the alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, Me and My sister were driving down the highway, which is route 80 where we were. A Jeep Wrangler comes up from behind us and is probably 4 inches away from the bumper, the Jeep then moves to the right, 4 lanes of traffic. We were all the way left and the guy moved all 4 then he comes back and runs us off the road, onto the grass and near the barrier separating the other side of traffic. No one was hurt and the car is fine, we went to report it to the State Police but we need a license plate number or AT LEAST 2 digits. Is there anyone who can enchante the photo to get the first 2?

(Edited By Moderator to remove Attached photos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have more photos if y'all need, PLEASE help. Trying to get the number by tomorrow so we can report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that is not something we do on these forums, even if it were technically feasible. You need to approach your local law enforcement.

See here for the official answer: FAQ: Can you help deblur or improve license plate detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in the USA All the way to the Left on multi lane highways is for FAST Traffic, no matter how many lanes there are.

If you are NOT the Fastest car on the Road Move to the right. Then that Jeep would of never been behind you.

As to your question we do not help with this on these forums. As stated above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me to clear the number plate

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 2.10.41 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 2.10.42 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not something we do on these forums, following advice from Adobe, even where technically possible (which is rarer than you might think). If it is associated with a legal issue  - contact your local law enforcement.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Im wondering if there anyone that could help me unblur a license plate number to a car that was the only other car in the parking lot to where my camera bag was stolen out of my car. I would grately appreciate anyones help!DSC01410-3.jpg

I have a link so that you can download the photos https://trevorsphotography.pixieset.com/random/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's Adobe Policy that we don't handle these requests, and technically unfeasable.

Please see this FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/faq-can-you-help-deblur-or-improve-li...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines