• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop HEIF Export

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon has just annouced use of HEIF in ther upcoming EOS 1D Mark III flagship camera.  With such a big player in the game adopting this format, I think it is time adobe get on board and add the ability to export photos using HEIF.  Its 2019 most computers can handle HEIF at this point.  Any one else want this feature?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not a betting man, but I would wait until the announcements next week to see what updates will be coming from Adobe on Photoshop. If you can read it into Photoshop, it should be coming soon to export or save back out in the same format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Feature request can be made on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I have made duplicate post to the feedback forum and to the Adobe, Photoshop and Lightroom Twitter pages.  Just trying to cover every angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I missed something but I can natively open HEIF/HEIC photos in Photoshop CC2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can import HEIF but not export or save in HEIF after edits.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 3.45.16 PM.pngHere are two files I opened natively in Photoshop. One from the new iPhone and another from a Canon test file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh nested replies. See above. I'd wait to see what comes out of Adobe MAX next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ ksthohlmeyer1 are you using a Mac ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer the question on HEIF/HEIC but using Raw will still be the better option for extracting the last bit of quality from the camera.

It would be good to add though, for all platforms (Windows and Mac) - although I would also like to see psb added to Lightroom. But that's another story....

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines