• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Automate Crop and Straighten Problem in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/Automate/Crop and Straighten Photos does not seem to be working properly. The first image I did worked well, but subsequent images are not. They are being divided in the middle of images or the edges of the image aree not being detected at all.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working with?

Also, does it only happen with one file or multiple images?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 21.0.3.
I have reset the preferences and it worked the first time, but not on subsequent images, I've restarted my computer, but that didn't help. I have tried multiple images and single images and it's no longer working on any of them.
I've also tried opening the images from Lightroom and directly and both did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to your email this morning, as per the reply below this did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has come back again in 2022, I select the action and it creates 32 copies of the document, each one containing a smaller section of the original image, specs attached. Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.27.56.png

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.28.19.png

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.28.34.png

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.31.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a clean white background behind the images you want to separate?

Is it OK if you post the original just so we can see what it looks like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad, just a simple image from Pixabay, a road with sky/clouds, see. Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 19.23.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I tried the Stock image above and my layered, retouched edited version but did Cmd-Alt-Shift-E to make a Top Flat Layer, both files had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That photo is not what Crop and Straighen Images is for, so what you are getting seems reassonable. Can you say how you expected Crop and Straighten Images to work on that photo, the result you expected?

The purpose of Crop and Straighten Images is to take a single image of multiple prints (typically from a scanner, but could be a smartphone or other camera), and split them up into separate files, like the example below, where the feature would create five individual straightened documents with the white space cropped away.

Crop-and-Straighten-Photos-good.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahah right thank you, I'm trying to use some fix rotate/horizon/autofill to adjust it function, to make the green strong horizon be level, my bad, it's the wrong one right? I see this Automation is good for multi-scanned photos but not for what I need then!

Cheers. I maybe can't show you the artwork that I did rotate manually as some may find it slightly offensive (It's a soft Meme). But it was done manually and it's fine anyways, sorted manually!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop might still have a solution for you. In the Camera Raw Filter, the Geometry panel includes some one-click automatic geometry corrections, including horizontal or vertical leveling. Try that and see if that is more what you had in mind...see the quick demo below.

Photoshop Camera Raw Filter Upright v00.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad, although I actually found what I wanted, it's simply on the Crop Tool, it can straighten and be content aware, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, whatever works. The only reason I suggested that option is that it sounded like you were looking for a fully automated straighten feature, not one where you have to draw a straighten line yourself for every image. But if you don’t mind doing that, then problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and found the solution in another post. It seems that some scanners create a very thin and imperceptable line around the entire mulit-photo scanned image. This confuses photoshop's detection of the individual images. The solution is to apply a small (several pixel) crop to the main image prior to running File/Automate/Crop and Straighten. After adding this step to the process I've had no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow - that fixed the issue for me. Wild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines