• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file crashed photoshop now auto recovers and crashes it on startup

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unable to get phone support, urgent job (of course), and no way to get hold of anyone at Adobe.

a file crashed photoshop and now it auto recovers whenever I re-open photoshop which, of course, crashes photoshop.

I tried rebooting, and emptied out the only auto recover folder I could file for photoshop in user/applicaiton support/photoshop cc 2018 but it still auto recovers.

At a standstill.

imacPro, OSX 10.13.6, photoshop CC 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

oh good grief!

I finally figured it out on my own, couldn't wait for support. I found the auto recover folder on my scratch disk and deleted the contents, and now it's fine.

I really don't think you even read past the first few words of my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing, could you please try uninstalling the reinstalling Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Note: back up all customer presets, brushes and actions before reinstalling Photoshop.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh good grief!

I finally figured it out on my own, couldn't wait for support. I found the auto recover folder on my scratch disk and deleted the contents, and now it's fine.

I really don't think you even read past the first few words of my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did read past your first few words and knew immediately that you did not clear out your reconvery folder by your description.  The problem for me is you are Mac user and I'm a Windows user.  I know where Recovery folders are on Windows machine not on Mac machines.  You also need to understand this is a user Forum site we are not part of Adobe  we are users like you.  If you need Adobe support urgently Adobe has have Chat support I believe 24/7.  It is hard to get good Phone support from Adobe.  IMO its only good for sales, subscription and installation support.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines