Highlighted

File edits deleted after Photoshop update

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on three separate files a few days ago. While working, I noticed that Adobe was attempting to auto update, so I saved all three files to both my desktop and a personal thumb drive. Then I updated Photoshop. 

Today, when I tried accessing these three files, two of them gave me issues. The first file opened just fine. The second one did not save any of the work I had done before the update on my desktop, but I was able to use the backup on the thumb drive with no issues. The third file, however, did not save any of the changes I made to it before the update, on the desktop or the thumb drive. The file isn't located in my computer's recycle bin, so I did not accidentally delete it. I don't know if this was caused by Adobe auto updating or not, but I have lost a lot of work because of this. I'm not sure if there is any way to recover it.

EDIT: When I opened my computer this morning, there was notification from Adobe Creative Cloud waiting for me that read "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud from 'http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'."

The pop-up menu gave me the option to either Quit or Repair. I clicked repair, and my Creative Cloud app disappeared from my desktop as it began to reinstall. Before it could finish, however, it stopped and gave me another notification, this time from the Adobe Installer, which read "We've encountered the following issues: 

Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again. (Error code: 46)".

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File edits deleted after Photoshop update

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on three separate files a few days ago. While working, I noticed that Adobe was attempting to auto update, so I saved all three files to both my desktop and a personal thumb drive. Then I updated Photoshop. 

Today, when I tried accessing these three files, two of them gave me issues. The first file opened just fine. The second one did not save any of the work I had done before the update on my desktop, but I was able to use the backup on the thumb drive with no issues. The third file, however, did not save any of the changes I made to it before the update, on the desktop or the thumb drive. The file isn't located in my computer's recycle bin, so I did not accidentally delete it. I don't know if this was caused by Adobe auto updating or not, but I have lost a lot of work because of this. I'm not sure if there is any way to recover it.

EDIT: When I opened my computer this morning, there was notification from Adobe Creative Cloud waiting for me that read "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud from 'http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'."

The pop-up menu gave me the option to either Quit or Repair. I clicked repair, and my Creative Cloud app disappeared from my desktop as it began to reinstall. Before it could finish, however, it stopped and gave me another notification, this time from the Adobe Installer, which read "We've encountered the following issues: 

Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again. (Error code: 46)".

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?