File>Automate>Crop and Straighten Photos in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled on this when I was googling the other day how to split photos from a flatbed scan. My Photoshop has this option under file>automate>crop and straighten photos, and it is amazing! However, I can't find anything about it in any Photoshop support area on Adobe.

I'm trying to figure this out for someone and have spent a lot of time trying to find it online. So my question is - is this something that is included with Photoshop, or was it added by a plugin? I have Topaz and Luminar - could this come from those instead?

Thanks,

Marcy

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Hi Marcy,

As you're looking for more info on Automate crop and straighten, could you please have a look at this video and let us know if it helps?

How To Automatically Crop and Straighten Multiple Scanned Photos in Photoshop - YouTube

Regards,
Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File>Automate>Crop and Straighten Photos in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled on this when I was googling the other day how to split photos from a flatbed scan. My Photoshop has this option under file>automate>crop and straighten photos, and it is amazing! However, I can't find anything about it in any Photoshop support area on Adobe.

I'm trying to figure this out for someone and have spent a lot of time trying to find it online. So my question is - is this something that is included with Photoshop, or was it added by a plugin? I have Topaz and Luminar - could this come from those instead?

Thanks,

Marcy

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Hi Marcy,

As you're looking for more info on Automate crop and straighten, could you please have a look at this video and let us know if it helps?

How To Automatically Crop and Straighten Multiple Scanned Photos in Photoshop - YouTube

Regards,
Sahil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcy,

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Glad it is a Photoshop option!

Is there any chance this is available in the newest version of Adobe Elements? I'm teaching an older version of that to someone (I don't know it very well being a 20+ year Photoshop user) and if Elements does that as well, I'm going to recommend she upgrade. I know she won't do any sort of subscription.

Thank you,

Marcy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in photoshop elements in the Expert mode under Image>Divide Scanned Photos

sf.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes File>Automate>Crop and Straighten is from adobe.

Here under Crop and straighten scanned photos

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adjusting-crop-rotation-canvas.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I pretty much knew everything in that video, but a refresher never hurts. Glad to know this feature is Photoshop native.

Marcy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automate crop and straighten - is this available in Photoshop Elements 2021?

If not which product do I need to purchase?

Thanks

David

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0