• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Export >Render Video -Adobe Media Encoder grayed out

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shot a time lapse of an art installation and have files loaded as a smart object in a layer above the background. When going to File >Export> Render Video, I am not give the choice to choose Adobe Media Encoder. It is grayed out. I haven't done a time lapse in the past year due to Covid and I am now using a 2019 Mac Pro running Catalina 10.15.7.

I tried the same sequence on a 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave and Adobe Media Encoder is grayed out.

I have given Photoshop 22.3.0 full access to my Mac

I have given Bridge 11.0.1.109 full access to my Mac

I have given Adobe Media Encoder 15.0 (Build 37) full access to my Mac.

I have restarted. The Presets>Video>Adobe Media Encoder folder has DPX, H264 and Quicktime folders with .epr files in them.

I have done over 100 time lapses this way in the past prior to my new Mac Pro and they have worked. But this also doesn't work on a 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave. 

How do I get the Adobe Media Encoder to not be grayed out and to give me the options I am looking for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have latest version of photoshop on a MAC and Media Encoder is grayed out under Export>Image Sequence

Seems to be no answers for this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all files, or just this one? Have you tried opening an old project to see if it works from that?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried starting new ones, working from old one too. 

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

There is no Render Video option in Export which is there for my PC friends with same version of Photoshop

In the Timeline there is only the "Create Frame Animation" button

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 11.43.39 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Hope a soltution is found soon, as it used to be super easy to render a mp4 from photoshop but now it's impossible as far as I can tell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Apple Silicon M1 Mac? If so, you need to force Photoshop to open in Rosetta to get the video features working. The M1 native Photoshop is mostly working, but some features are not native yet.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a new Mac with M1, 2020. How do you force Photoshop to open in Rosetta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To force Photoshop to open in Rosetta:

1. In your Finder (the Desktop), go into the Applications folder and select the Photoshop application.
  2. Choose File > Get Info.
  3. Check on Open using Rosetta.

Learn more:

Photoshop for Apple Silicon 

Rosetta on your Mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to chime in that I tried several things on my M1 Macbook Pro that didn't work. Forcing it to open in Rosetta fixed it. 

Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines