• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Import > Variable Data Sets... is grey

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the possibilities that would prevent me from clicking on this option? It is greyed out and I am unable to click. I have restarted my software and tried searching for a solution with no luck.

I am using PS 21.1.3 on Windows 10 home.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Okay I found my problem. I thought I was suppose to import a csv file first before messing with the data sets. Just stumbling my way through. So playing around in Image > Variables opened up the File > Import > Variable Data Sets option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  you are editing a Template document  with layer defined as variable I would think it would be available. If You current document has no variable layers I would think it would be grayed out.  I have never user that feature I could easily be wrong

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this as well. I guess I need to look into what a template document is. It is intended to be a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I found my problem. I thought I was suppose to import a csv file first before messing with the data sets. Just stumbling my way through. So playing around in Image > Variables opened up the File > Import > Variable Data Sets option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my machine did not work. Here is a picture for reference*  

greyed out.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Date set would be imported from the Image menu Image>Variables>Data Set...

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem with File menu, it is one click less to do same thing. In your example he must click Import button to open dialogue which will allow him to import .csv file.

import variable data sets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create variable select layer in the Layers panel then:

• Go to Image > Variables > Define . 
  • In Variables dialogue choose apprpriate options and do not forget to click OK button.

If you need more help here are set of my tutorials from absolute beginner as a starting point https://www.designeasy.co/search/label/Variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines