Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File has different colours when switching to .svg

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

somehow the colours of my file are not displayed as wanted when I change the file type from png to svg.

Maybe someone can tell me how to solve this?

w0nderfvl_1-1614555706231.png

png

w0nderfvl_0-1614555695673.png

svg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate a little more on what you are doing…

1. How are you converting from one format to another?
  2. Are you using color profiles?
  3. Are you previewing these graphics in Photoshop, a web browser, or something else?
  4. etc…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created this layer in photoshop and want to export as .. and then I select .svg And I see it in the preview changing colours. I don't know why. When I click to png it is normal. when I change it back to svg its wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

w0nderfvl_0-1614589974031.png

png

w0nderfvl_1-1614589987907.png

svg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the issue. 

There might be a legitimate bug … 

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 10.13.09.pngScreenshot 2021-03-01 at 10.13.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it seems to be quite a strane bug, please create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted it 1 month ago and no one replied...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported it now once again, but I have to say I am really disappointed by Adobe's "service".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you report a bug, it goes into Adobe's system. Some surprises

1. Adobe count the votes on bug reports to decide whether to take action.

2. Adobe do NOT contact the people who report bugs to confirm them, reject them, or do anything

3. There may be 2-3 bug fixes in a year, you can expect maybe 4 months to wait even if your bug is accepted immediately.

4. Other changes are only done for new versions, only once per year.

So don't sit waiting for fixes, find another way to work in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»2. Adobe do NOT contact the people who report bugs to confirm them, reject them, or do anything«

A Bug Report can be marked as »Acknowledged« and sometimes Adobe employees do post on the threads if they can reproduce an issue or need clarification. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Seems I am experiencing Forum problems … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, double post. 

Edit: As a workaround one could Convert to Shape and split the Shape Layer into the two color-elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 07.52.15.pngScreenshot 2021-03-18 at 07.52.28.pngScreenshot 2021-03-18 at 07.53.08.pngScreenshot 2021-03-18 at 07.53.17.pngScreenshot 2021-03-18 at 07.53.31.pngScreenshot 2021-03-18 at 07.53.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you convert the layer to smart object from 1. to 2. picture? I don't really know what you do there 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type > Convert to Shape 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you for that! Somehow I can not change the colour then when I select it. Do you use the filling tool for that?

w0nderfvl_0-1616835330301.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, a Shape Layer are essentially Solid Color Layer with a Vector Mask so double-click its icon in the Layers Panel and the Color Pixker should be opened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what did you click after the 3rd picture? I couldn't find anything about this on the web :-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the subPathItems the Layer dioes not need (with the Direct Selection Tool (A) for example) and delete them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing one of the RGB values of the last »e« by one value seems to provide a work-around for the issue. 

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 10.46.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a crude work-around but I have not been able to figure out which exact combination on colors on letters causes the issue. 

Like I said this looks like a proper bug to me … 

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.38.pngScreenshot 2021-03-01 at 11.34.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you. And would you be so nice to show me how to do the other workaround with the shapes? I tried it but couldn't change the colours when I clicked on convert to shape. It was all green then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines