• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File name and extension highlight when saving on macOS 10.15 Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After last updates (Osx Catalina and CC 2020), when the save window appear, the focus, highlite, is on all the file name and extension instead only the filename. I suspect the issue is related to Catalina, but I ask if anyone has noticed the same thing. My working speed is affected and I would like to know if anyone has a solution to ensure that only the file name is highlighted (in save and export).
Thank you

Schermata 2019-11-13 alle 20.38.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

I have no solution for the highlighting, but if you save the image the extension will be attached in the proper way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT the "correct answer." Why was this labeled as "solved" when it is still a major bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having updated to Big Sur and PS 2021 I've been experiencing this problem as well and boy, is it aggrevating. Did a hive mind search on Twitter and people are telling me Adobe knows about it and its on the list to fix. 

Guess I have to live with it for now but boy, this one is frustrating. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now almost a month later and this bug continues to plague me. Slows me way down and results in error-prone saves which I then have to rename or re-save. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now SEVEN MONTHS later and this still is not fixed. Very very unhappy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how saving a file appears in Preview App vs. in Adobe Photoshop 2021 almost a year later. Problems still isn't fixed. It's not a macOS problem, it's def an Adoble Problem. Totally fed up with it. SO much lost time and errors due to this change / bug from Adoble I can't even count them any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another reason to strongly consider a switch to Affinity. I honestly don't know how this problem (among others - i.e. Adobe Dreamweaver taking an hour and a half just to open) can persist for over a year with no solution. I can't imagine this is a huge ask from Adobe's development team. Then again... it is Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is under zero obligation to actually adress user feedback. Enterprise and coporations are the money, and pleabians like us who actually use the bloated apps follow along. Or make our own. 

Affinity is pretty awesome and everyone reading these words should at least look up some tutorial videos and give their suite a try. We need more competition in this space. I wish Macromedia had not sold their souls. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing this problem, and couldn't agree more that it should have been fixed by now.

Oh, and the proper extension doesn't always just appear.  If it is a JPG, you have to type JPG in.  This is also something else to remember and keep up with that shouldn't be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure this is a Catalina issue, because saving a file on your desktop? Never had the file extension highlighted, even over multiple files. This is an ADOBE issue that is affecting all their major apps. And why the complete and utter radio silence? I have not seen anybody from Adobe address this or indicate that they are trying to fix the problem.  Really weird it should go this long – with so many affected by it – without some kind of update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BLKLSTZERO96571 wrote:

This is an ADOBE issue that is affecting all their major apps.

Just a bit curious: how can the Adobe apps affect Firefox and its dialogs, as depicted above in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer is NOT the correct answer. There is no answer for solving the non-highlighted name issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity does the same thing. So it's not just an adobe problem. Yet Apple preview app does work when saving. I'm in Monterey 12.0.1 and Indesign 17.0 - yes I am brave. But updating fixed my 2020 macbook pro to be as speedy as it's supposed to be. Recommended to upate as soon as Monterey 12.1 comes out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Affinity Photo consistently this year, and this is not an issue in Monterey (nor was it ever an issue in Big Sur) that I have ever personally experienced.

If others are having issues outside of Adobe, then this is truly an even bigger problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use affinty publisher.  Both Adobe and affinty publisher show the highlight for a split second.  Strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe? Do you even monitor your forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed with Indesign 17.0.1 running Monterery 12.0.1. Lets hope for the .1 fix.  Also I notified Affinity team. (Affinity Publisher). Let's see who wins this fix it race. It must have something to do with Apple also since it's on two platforms. Perhaps some Apple updates will get it working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ten hours after I reported this to Affinity, they got back to me and they are on it.  The bigger you get, the more you lose it. Apple the same. I remember a video of Steve Jobs in 1997 or 98 after coming back to Apple. He said please let us know what you want.. what your problems are and we will listen. We want to know.  NOW?  ugh.   Apples beautiful label colours highlighting the whole line are long gone and nothing done. Just those stupid tiny colour dots (tags) Plus NOW in Monterey the colours are all dimmed. Mushy.  Who the heck is deciding this crud?  oops.. sorry for getting off topic. 😮 

I wish I was working for one of these big companies, in charge of filtering the important stuff to the top.  Tiny text, colours, context boxes un-resizable, fonts too small.  It just goes on. Who are these designers that have learned to white space it all and tone down colours and make it "un-gawdy" and un-useable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm glad SOMEONE is listening because Adobe sure isn't. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree here. Been Mac user since 1995 and – although i like the fresh Monterey look for it's clear feeling – can't agree with you more. It generally starts too feel very un-Apple, the spark is missing a little..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carmelo,

I hope you're doing fine, I was wondering: did you get any solutions yet? Best! Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed this is fixed with Monterey 12.1.  This also was a problem with Affinity Publisher and it also now works perfectly. So this was not an Adobe problem. It was Apple. Please mark this as the correct answer as the one that is marked correct is not correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm a long-time Apple user. Apple poor team coordination relative to OS changes and upgrades continues to create havoc for  developers and their users. This yearly upgrade cycle leaves a lot of software bugs in its wake. Add the dumbing down of the OS and voila. Astonishing given their multi-trillion market cap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally posted about this issue a couple of years ago, and found that it has continued through multiple apps regardless of OS. So, it's confirmed not just Adobe, not only from my original post but from responses to this one.

What I found, which still drives me crazy (short trip), is that even when the entire file name is highlighted, and even if I don't type in the extension (which makes me twitch, but oh well), the extension is included in the file name after the fact.

I don't know why, and I don't know if my muscle memory will catch up to this, but there you have it.

So, to recap, in several apps on different OS's, the highlight that used to automatically highlight the file name and not the extension now highlights everything. However, if you have test.jpg and end up just typing "test" and find that file, it will still show the jpg extension in the file name.

Do I still find myself trying to go through the extra steps to preserve the extension in the file name? Yes.

Is it necessary? No.

Will I learn to just trust the process and not worry about the file extension when I've already designated one? ...eventually?

*twitch*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for years. Please fix, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unbelievable, there are quite some things that Adobe has altered to their (i thought) very basic standard thongs like: filenam, printing pdf, and such but you strt to wonder if all adobe personel and test panels use PC maybe? Because aren;t we all going nuts with this highlighting issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines