File name and extension highlight when saving on macOS 10.15 Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After last updates (Osx Catalina and CC 2020), when the save window appear, the focus, highlite, is on all the file name and extension instead only the filename. I suspect the issue is related to Catalina, but I ask if anyone has noticed the same thing. My working speed is affected and I would like to know if anyone has a solution to ensure that only the file name is highlighted (in save and export).
Thank you

Schermata 2019-11-13 alle 20.38.45.png

I have no solution for the highlighting, but if you save the image the extension will be attached in the proper way. 

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File name and extension highlight when saving on macOS 10.15 Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After last updates (Osx Catalina and CC 2020), when the save window appear, the focus, highlite, is on all the file name and extension instead only the filename. I suspect the issue is related to Catalina, but I ask if anyone has noticed the same thing. My working speed is affected and I would like to know if anyone has a solution to ensure that only the file name is highlighted (in save and export).
Thank you

Schermata 2019-11-13 alle 20.38.45.png

I have no solution for the highlighting, but if you save the image the extension will be attached in the proper way. 

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2019 12
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I just tested this out and you're right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but the primary issue here is the difficulty changing the file name, which means readding the correct extension so apps outside of Adobe can correctly open the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as well. It's slowing down my work flow... And saving the file without the extension (typing over the extension) is not a good idea. I tested this out and some programs will not open an image without a typed file extension.

Additionally, has anyone noticed that the "paste" function will not work in the save window either? (on Mac Catalina, at least?) When I work with batches of files, some files will require the same name and not being able to use "paste" is slowing down my work flow... again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 3
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind - typing OVER the extension will not solve the problem. While Photoshop may recognize the file, other programs may not load/open the image UNLESS the extension is typed out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 5
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue and just recently it's not highlighting anything with a new document when I click save. I have to highlight the file name (Untitled1, for example) and type it in. It used to be highlighted so I could just start typing. This is getting to be so very annoying! This all started with the Catalina update. They've been addressing this issue, it seems, with Photoshop somewhat - but not InDesign. Adobe - are you out there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 1