Highlighted

File not found

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop 2020 running on a 27" iMac with High Sierra. I have a single plugin installed (WebPShop) which enables me to open webp files. Since I updated to the latest update of Photoshop, I loaded a webp file that I saved in jpg file format. Now Photoshop can not open the new JPG file. I get an error pop-up saying it can't find the file. The location of the file is not a factor, as I can move it anywhere from my docuemnts folder to the Desktop and I get the same message (in the attached image grab, the name of the file is "library.jpg"). The new jpg file can be opened by all other compatible programs, including Preview, Illustrator, and even Photoshop CS5. What's more, now Photoshop cannot open ANY jpg file. Removing the Plugin and restarting Photoshop has no effect. Any ideas? I acvknowledge the plugin part of this puzzle may not actually be related, but I use Photoshop everyday — including today — and the problem was absent until to loading and saving of the webp image.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File not found

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop 2020 running on a 27" iMac with High Sierra. I have a single plugin installed (WebPShop) which enables me to open webp files. Since I updated to the latest update of Photoshop, I loaded a webp file that I saved in jpg file format. Now Photoshop can not open the new JPG file. I get an error pop-up saying it can't find the file. The location of the file is not a factor, as I can move it anywhere from my docuemnts folder to the Desktop and I get the same message (in the attached image grab, the name of the file is "library.jpg"). The new jpg file can be opened by all other compatible programs, including Preview, Illustrator, and even Photoshop CS5. What's more, now Photoshop cannot open ANY jpg file. Removing the Plugin and restarting Photoshop has no effect. Any ideas? I acvknowledge the plugin part of this puzzle may not actually be related, but I use Photoshop everyday — including today — and the problem was absent until to loading and saving of the webp image.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue turned out to be the latest Camera Raw update. Going back to Camera Raw 12.2.1 solved the problem. (I.e., it was apparently unrelated to the plug-in.) Adobe is working on a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0