• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File open path on mac

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a silly question, but is there any way to get the option to enter the file path in File-Open dialogue on mac? Im working with images on network drive and often need to quickly open specific file using the file path from clipboard. On windows it works really nice - ctrl+o opens the file open dialogue and you can just ctrl+v the path in. However I see no way to do the same on osx...

Any help appreciated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no default option for that. 

Where/how do you get the fullName exactly? 

I suppose you could use a Script to open the file, might be possible with and without a dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if Bridge could not navigate that way, and then you could double-click on the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this works on macOS the same as it does on Windows.  Good suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the File Open dialog displayed type Cmd+Shift+G to bring up the Go to the folder dialog where you can type or paste a path.

gtf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way to do it.

I'd add that you can copy a file path in the Finder using command-option-c rather than copying and pasting from the Clipboard.

You can also use command-shift-c in the Photoshop Open Dialog to get to "Computer" which, of course, will show all of your storage options.

Of course, you could add the location to the Sidebar Favorites or drag and drop from the Finder to the Open Dialog Box.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is a psd, and you are comfortable working in Terminal, use the command “open” with the pathname (In quotes). Done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines