• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Sony A1

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to understand why I still cannot open the files of the Sony A1, because Adobe has not yet given support to these files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a new camera model is released, the ACR team has to buy a camera off the shelf, shoot test images, reverse-engineer the files and build profiles for it.

They get nothing from Sony, or any of the other camera manufacturers, who all see Adobe as competition. In a better world, the manufacturers would support the universal, openly documented DNG format, and you'd get ACR support from day one.

Support is added in ACR updates as they come, usually around 4 times a year.

Here in Norway, the a1 isn't even in the stores yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had a hard life, sounds like Adobe are destitute, hope they can scrap up $6500. I know where a van drops food if things get really bad! Stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, but I don't understand what you would mean by your speech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just someone trying to be sarcastic. It could have been funny, if it wasn't so completely off the mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, it is nonetheless a meaningless sarcasm. Thank you so much for your kindness and your professionalism D Fosse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines