Highlighted

Files created after opening Photoshop not showing in Open window

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a new one for me.

Any file that was created, in Photoshop or elsewhere, after I initially opened Photoshop will not show up in Photoshop's "Open" window. I check the files with Finder - they're there. I open them with Finder - they open. I look for them in Photoshop's "Open" window - they're gone.

If I save something in Photoshop, it saves just fine with no file corruption. No disk errors on any of my disks and no other weird stuff going on with my system. And if I save a file, completely close Photoshop, then go back into Photoshop, the files are there. It's like Photoshop caches a snapshot of my drives as it opens and refuses to update it until I restart the application.

Any ideas? I mean, it's still functional and I can get work done. I just have to open all of my files outside of Photoshop's "Open" window.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files created after opening Photoshop not showing in Open window

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a new one for me.

Any file that was created, in Photoshop or elsewhere, after I initially opened Photoshop will not show up in Photoshop's "Open" window. I check the files with Finder - they're there. I open them with Finder - they open. I look for them in Photoshop's "Open" window - they're gone.

If I save something in Photoshop, it saves just fine with no file corruption. No disk errors on any of my disks and no other weird stuff going on with my system. And if I save a file, completely close Photoshop, then go back into Photoshop, the files are there. It's like Photoshop caches a snapshot of my drives as it opens and refuses to update it until I restart the application.

Any ideas? I mean, it's still functional and I can get work done. I just have to open all of my files outside of Photoshop's "Open" window.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 27in late 2014 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Photoshop 22.0.0 if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall/reinstall seems to have cleared up the issue. Still would like to know if anyone else has experienced this so maybe I can avoid whatever I may have done to cause this to happen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0