• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files disappear after saving in photoshop 2021

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved several .psd files to my computer. They appeared to save successfully - the progress bar went to 100%, and I closed the app. When I re-opened Photoshop later and selected the files from my recent projects panel, I got the error "Could not complete your request because the file was not found. I couldn't locate the files anywhere on my computer, and I ended up losing hours of work. 

This is the second time I've had the issue. Is there a way to prevent this error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not what you want to hear, but don't rely on the recent files list. Use a proper file browser, and organize a sensible folder structure so that all files have a logical path. That way you can always find them.

Files don't disappear. They get mislaid, saved where you didn't intend to save them.

The recent files list is intended as a convenient way to pick up where you left off after a lunch break. It does not keep track of your files. It's just static and dead pointers to a location on disk, even if the file is in fact elswhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines