Highlighted

Files from Export Layers are different physical file sizes.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Export Layers from a 1080p 72dpi size.psd to .jpg, the physical file sizes are different.
I can’t figure out why. How can I fix this and why is it happening?

Thanks

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files from Export Layers are different physical file sizes.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Export Layers from a 1080p 72dpi size.psd to .jpg, the physical file sizes are different.
I can’t figure out why. How can I fix this and why is it happening?

Thanks

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Data compression size change with content. How well something compresses depends on the data

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Marko361 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
The images on the Layers are pretty similar. They did, though, come from very hi-res image of different original dpi's.
I just wondered if Photoshop, somehow, wasn't interpolating(?) them to 72dpi for some reason. Thought I did check in the Info Viewer. 

I know there used to be a thing where if you didn't Select All, Select Inverse and Delete the surrounding pixels, then PS kept all the invisible pixels around the edges. I tried that but it says Nothing Selected. 
I will continue investigating...

Thanks again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines