• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill path with pattern along path not working properly

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i made my own pattern and wanted to place it along a path, but it seems like the patern is OUTSIDE the path, and not along. Moreover the pattern cuts of in the middle, showing only one half. i selected the pattern i madei selected the pattern i madethis is what its supposed to look likethis is what its supposed to look likebut instead it looks like thisbut instead it looks like this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Okay, I figured it out. I think you're right clicking on the path to fill it. Use the main menu instead. There seems to be a bug regarding this.

Here is what I think you're doing with right clicking and using the context fill. This is what I'm getting:

deco context fill.jpg

Here is using the main menu:

deco menu fill.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd. Have you tried resetting your preferences. It looks like you have a shape layer with a white fill that is blocking the the leaves, but it doesn't look that way with your layer panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I figured it out. I think you're right clicking on the path to fill it. Use the main menu instead. There seems to be a bug regarding this.

Here is what I think you're doing with right clicking and using the context fill. This is what I'm getting:

deco context fill.jpg

Here is using the main menu:

deco menu fill.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue like this also.

Fill path using a pattern. It does not show anything, was working before, now nothing.

Is there a bug fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having this issue as well. Where on the main menu do I fill a path with a pattern? What do you mean by Main Menu? Could you provide screen shots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main menu accessing the fill feature through the top menu bar's edit>fill, not by right clicking to bring up the contextual menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me - thanks a million!  It's still a bug in Feb 2021 on MacOS (PS version 22.2.0)  

Using the right-click menu to select Fill Path results in my pattern being chopped in half.  Instead, selecting Fill Path from the Edit menu, everything works as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines