Highlighted

Filling in wrong colors

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i fill the image with white, it turns out as grey. this has been happening a lot when i fill stuff (see video attached) please help ASAP, Beau

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Filling in wrong colors

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i fill the image with white, it turns out as grey. this has been happening a lot when i fill stuff (see video attached) please help ASAP, Beau

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also when i fill with black it still does the same grey

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Beau5CBF ,

In the Fill dialog box, change the Blending mode from Color to Normal.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1603715626447.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try that, the details don't stay (the shading) 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the final result you are trying to achieve? 

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to make it white but keep the small details on the image. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but what you want is against all physical and optical laws. It's not as easy as that, and it has nothing to do with Photoshop. It has to do with the real world.

White isn't a "color." It's the absence of color, in combination with a high intrinsic (object) luminance.

To change a colored object into a white object, you must do two things. First you remove all color. That's the easy part. But then you also have to completely remap the tonal values. A white object has a contrast range and tone curve that is very different from a colored object.

The same goes for changing one color into another. Lemon yellow is inherently very bright, while purple/blue is inherently very dark. Those two have very different tonal ranges and it's not possible to just do a hue shift. Or you can; but it will look very odd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Beau5CBF LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

calm down jamal don't pull out the nine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0