Highlighted

Filter Effects not seen

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Photoshop user for decades, but this has never occured before.  System: desktop Mac.  Changes made using  filter gallery effects (watercolor, etc.) do not show on the screen.

Is there a setting for this?  I've not been able to find it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Filter Effects not seen

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Photoshop user for decades, but this has never occured before.  System: desktop Mac.  Changes made using  filter gallery effects (watercolor, etc.) do not show on the screen.

Is there a setting for this?  I've not been able to find it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!  (and thanks!)Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 9.24.26 AM.png

Everything works as it should until I click Filter Gallery which opens this view.  Then the actions taken on the right bring no change whatever to the image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the visibility unchecked for the Watercolor? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you plase explain.  "unchecked"?  Where?

I'll be happyto say "duh!!!" witha red face if it is right in front of me.  🙂

-Guitar Don

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....   DUH!!!!

Thanks.

I never used that panel.  Must have opened it and clicked it withour realizing its purpose/function.

Grazie!

(I've used an old. old version of PS for twenty years.  This cloud version is new to me.)

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 1