• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter -> Noise -> Reduce Noise crashes Photoshop (randomly)

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes when I do Filter -> Noise -> Reduce Noise. Not every time, fairly often. This bug is still present in 21.0.3 (I run on OSX 10.15.2).

Only temporary fix I have found is to downgrade to 20.0.8 which seems to be stable. Have tried legacy compositioning, turning of automatic GPU switching, clearing all the settings etc. Only the downgrading has worked so far. Was hoping that the latest version of Photoshop would have fixed it, but it just crashed.

Anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop crashing while trying to use Reduce Noise.

Would you mind going to the "Preferences" for Photoshop, then "Performance" and uncheck the option to "Use Graphics Processor"? Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If you are getting any crash report, please share the crash report with us here.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried turning of the GPU, it still crashes. Got an email from Adobe support where they said they could not reproduce the bug and asked me for a screen recording of triggering it. The crash is random, but it just happened to crash on the first attempt. The only thing that has worked is downgrading to 20.0.8. Not sure what they changed after that release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this but the application is still crashing. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have the same problem not always but..

OS Catalina 10.15.3

Latest Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I am trying to use the Median tool within the Noise filter and it is crashing everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything works fine now here.

Mac Catalina latest update and Photoshop latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines