Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filtering Fonts by Classification Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Any ideas on why I can no longer filter fonts by classification?  I've tried resetting all tools and the Adobe preferences.  Adding a new font from Typekit shows just that new font in the filter, but no older Typekit fonts or System fonts are displaying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

While I would like to figure out what exactly is causing the problem, I am able to fix it temporarily on Windows 7.  The problem eventually returns however.

If you navigate to

C:\Users\(Your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\

Delete the CT Font Cache and Font Feature Cache folders.  Photoshop will recreate those folders and files when you start it up, and you should be able to filter by classification for a while.  I'm assuming you'd delete the same folders wherever they reside

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Troubleshooting fonts gives me a 404 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well! Did you ever fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  It is quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been able to get this to work on either my home or work computers. Is Adobe paying attention to this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I would like to figure out what exactly is causing the problem, I am able to fix it temporarily on Windows 7.  The problem eventually returns however.

If you navigate to

C:\Users\(Your User ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\

Delete the CT Font Cache and Font Feature Cache folders.  Photoshop will recreate those folders and files when you start it up, and you should be able to filter by classification for a while.  I'm assuming you'd delete the same folders wherever they reside on a Mac or earlier version of Photoshop.

It would be nice to figure out why this keeps occurring though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac, updated to current OS and PS CC is current as well.  This has never worked for me?  I tried searching for "CT Font Cache" and "Font Feature Cache folders" with no luck.  Regardless, the original post to which jesmynew23016576 gives his correct answer says "I can no longer filter fonts by classification?". Well I have never been able to do this.  This feature would be SO helpful, to be able to sort with the "filter classes" drop down.  I CAN filter my TypeKit Fonts, and favorites too, but I have hundreds of fonts and really need to group them... my script fonts, my handwritten fonts, etc...

Appreciate any help you can give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a MAC the cache folder is found from Finder>Go then ~/Library >Caches>com.apple.Photoshop. Deleting the folder mentioned above seemed to work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe regularly ignores reported issues and just hopes that its users will troubleshoot it for them in this forum. When we can't figure out ourselves, it remains broken and becomes a zombie post here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm also and still having this problem that is increasingly affecting my workflow.

Font filtering/classification no longer works. The only option that returns a list is "All Classes" and everything else displays a "No matches found" result.

What I have attempted that did not solve the problem:
1. Restarting Photoshop and system
2. Reset Photoshop preferences
3. Reset Type toolbar (both Reset Tool and Reset All Tools)
4. Clear font cache files

What did work temporarily but for only one session:
Uninstalled then reinstalled Photoshop

Photoshop set to auto-update, current version 22.0. Was really hoping to see this finally addressed in the latest update as resolved but apparently it does not even show up in the known bugs list.

Aside from Windows system fonts, I have fonts installed on Adobe's common files folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts). All fonts from either location can be located under "All Classes" but not the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue, but frustrated at the same time. I updated Photoshop to 2021 and the font filter feature no longer works....why!?!?!? 

Would love to know of a solution if someone hears of one. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution? From Adobe? BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Using MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never experienced this issue until I updated today (I update regulary). This issue began with the latest update. Nothing metioned above has worked. This is a major setback for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Illustrator to filter fonts, the only solution I've been able to find so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also updated recently and now have this problem, I've used Illustrator for years and years and never had this issue. I'm always so weary to update because there's always some issue popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 11/16/22, and with all of the updates to PS, uninstalling and reinstalling it and CC, they still won't filter and Adobe still doesn't address it. I even faxed a letter to their corporate office about 2 months ago. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is finally resolved on my machine, currently at v23.3.0. It started working as expected after I reinstalled Windows about a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have told support multiple times about this issue. I somehow fixed it myself, but then it stopped filtering again. They spent over an hour remotely accessing my computer without fixing anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled and no filtering. What are we paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED

If you are having font filtering problems in Adobe Photoshop, follow these steps to fix it.

Local Disk(C) > Windows > Fonts > Font Settings > Restore Default Font Settings

PROCESS COMPLETED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone a solution for MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to vote jesmynew23016576 

it solve my problem in Adobe Illustrator. I just delete all related font, in AppData folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked for you. There has never been an issue with font filtering in Illustrator (at least for me). The problem is with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone still having this issue and found a solutuion. im working on Version 25.0 and none of the above things are working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines