• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

filters grayed out in photoshop 2018 cc

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are so many choices grayed out in my cc 2018 Photoshop?

How do I paste text from another program?

2018 worked fine a few weeks ago why the changes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting article Trevor.

I'm the opposite though. I much prefer Lightroom over Bridge with ACR. The main reason is the ability of Lightroom to search my images using keywords regardless of which disk and in which folder the images actually reside. That alone seals it for me.

*There is still one big issue with Lightroom though. That is that it still does not handle PSB files. Fix that and I'd be very happy.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Lightroom is still stupid slow with large images; And the catalogs for all those searchable images you mentioned needs to make an extra file on my computer somewhere and everything in it runs nowhere near as nicely as it does in ACR (brush for instance... or keeping a crop setting from image to image...) just a kind of clunky mess that a search function doesn't outweigh for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Daniel+E+Lane  wrote

The fact that Lightroom is still stupid slow with large images;

Interesting.  I have no speed issues here, with Lightroom or ACR. The only time I did was a few years ago when I first made the transition to Lightroom and it had to build the first catalogue. It ran very slow during that process but once done - no problems.
It does still need to handle psb files though.

And the catalogs for all those searchable images you mentioned needs to make an extra file on my computer somewhere 

I know exactly where the catalogue is (on SSD) and where I keep the catalogue back ups.  Bridge also makes preview cache files so no real advantage there.

it runs nowhere near as nicely as it does in ACR (brush for instance... or keeping a crop setting from image to image...) just a kind of clunky mess that a search function doesn't outweigh for me.

Our experiences with Lightroom appear to be very different. I see no difference in performance whether I use Lightroom or ACR (I always save Raw files with sidecar XMPs so that I can use either option).  Perhaps our different experiences could be down to differing hardware.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another day another multiple uninstall and reinstall of PS just to get filters to work!  I have tried everything suggested with the exception of moving to Bridge.  That's probably next since the uninstall, clean, reinstall, uninstall, clean, reinstall routine is getting extremely old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out this is A KNOWN BUG. For the time being, until they fix it with a future update, you need to open Photoshop, have it already open, before you try to take images into PS from LR. So my new workflow is to always open PS before I even open LR, and leave PS open for as long as I am using LR, such that any photos I want to edit in PS will work properly and have all filters and other options available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be too simplistic but I had a similar issue when I selected "open in photoshop" when in Lightroom.  The greyed out filters would occasionally happen.  I found my issue was I had opened the crop window in Lightroom.  By closing the window and reopening in Photoshop fixed it for me.  I am a newbie in LR   A suggested fix if I am correct is to throw a window "close edit" before opening photoshop would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just close them both down, then open Photoshop up first (fully, not just to the splash screen), then open Lightroom, then you can do your exports and nothing will be greyed out like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that a fix should be in for this on the next PS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some filters won't work in CMYK mode, so make sure you're in RGB Mode to access all filters.
Switch to RGB Mode by going into Image>Mode>RGB Color

I myself had the issue of greyed out filters in Photoshop, and this was the solution to unlocking all those awesome filters.
Have a great day man hope you're doing okay 2 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines