Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Cloud Documents locally?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

How can I find Cloud Documents locally? (not Document Clouds, I mean the files created in for eg Photoshop on iPad that I can open on my desktop too). They end with ".psdc". I know they are automatically saved to the cloud, but I can also make them offline, so they should appear somewhere locally? I need to batch download my cloud documents to make a backup on a harddrive, but there doesnt seem to be any solution...

Thanks in advance

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

I’m making a guess here, but if Photoshop Cloud Documents work like other cloud-type documents, they may or may not be on your computer depending on whether they were opened recently. If they were opened recently, they are probably cached somewhere inside your user account, but probably in hidden system-type folders and not with human-readable filenames. That’s because that is not how they intend for us to use them.

The official way that you back up a Cloud Document locally is to click it on t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be in you creative cloud storage Use PS Home button then Cloud documents

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Yes I know, my question was: Where are those files located locally on the computer? So I can drag them to a harddrive as a backup.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not on you computer the are in the cloud on some Adobe machine. You can open them in Photoshop and save an image file on your local disk. There may also be a way you can download a copy to you local disk.  Adobe should be backing up their cloud storage.  They have a lot of users assets not only yours.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m making a guess here, but if Photoshop Cloud Documents work like other cloud-type documents, they may or may not be on your computer depending on whether they were opened recently. If they were opened recently, they are probably cached somewhere inside your user account, but probably in hidden system-type folders and not with human-readable filenames. That’s because that is not how they intend for us to use them.

The official way that you back up a Cloud Document locally is to click it on the Home screen in Photoshop that JJMack showed so that it opens, then do a Save As. That automatically converts a Photoshop Cloud Document (.psdc) file to a regular Photoshop (.psd) document, and of course, the normal Save As process asks you where you want to keep it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that explains it. I'll have to do it for 50+ files then, luckily it's not in the 1000+. I hope they add some batch download/save as in the future... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines