• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks CS6 unique blend modes for Photoshop

Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, Adobe, for God's sake: add already all those still missing original Fireworks CS6 layer blend modes to Photoshop!!! I am trying to migrate like for a year or two but still turn back to FW cos Photoshop is still missing all FW special blend modes (40+ vs 27 in PS).

I am asking for adding unique FIREWORKS CS6 layer blend modes into Photoshop which are still not there after all these years...unbelievable.

To show you what those were and how they looked I will now post sample previews for all of them (except 2 which are irrelevant) with test images for those who would want to try to find a way how to achieve those in Photoshop and for comparison between each other so that you would see they are really unique and not some repetition of already existing ones.

original blending image

original blending image.jpg

original background image (found via random Google images search)

original background image.jpg

Now the actual Fireworks CS6 blend modes (and I will post all of them - opacity of all blend layers is set to full 100%):

01 normal with 50% blend opacity

01 normal with 50 perc blend opacity.jpg

02 average blend  (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - SOLVED: seems to be exact simulation of the above approach

02 average blend.jpg

03 darken blend

03 darken blend.jpg

04 multiply blend

04 multiply blend.jpg

05 color burn blend

05 color burn blend.jpg

06 inverse color burn blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - I really do want/need this one badly

06 inverse color burn blend.jpg

07 soft burn blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

07 soft burn blend.jpg

08 linear burn blend

08 linear burn blend.jpg

09 lighten blend

09 lighten blend.jpg

10 screen blend

10 screen blend.jpg

11 color dodge blend

11 color dodge blend.jpg

12 inverse color dodge blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - I really do want/need this one badly

12 inverse color dodge blend.jpg

13 soft dodge blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - I really do want/need this one badly

13 soft dodge blend.jpg

14 linear dodge blend

14 linear dodge blend.jpg

15 overlay blend

15 overlay blend.jpg

16 soft light blend

16 soft light blend.jpg

17 fuzzy light blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

17 fuzzy light blend.jpg

18 hard light blend

18 hard light blend.jpg

19 vivid light blend

19 vivid light blend.jpg

20 linear light blend

20 linear light blend.jpg

21 pin light blend

21 pin light blend.jpg

22 hard mix blend

22 hard mix blend.jpg

23 difference blend

23 difference blend.jpg

24 exclusion blend

24 exclusion blend.jpg

25 negation (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - I really do want/need this one badly

25 negation.jpg

26 hue blend

26 hue blend.jpg

27 saturation blend

27 saturation blend.jpg

28 color blend

28 color blend.jpg

29 luminosity blend

29 luminosity blend.jpg

30 red blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

30 red blend.jpg

31 green blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

31 green blend.jpg

32 blue blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

32 blue blend.jpg

33 reflect blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

33 reflect blend.jpg

34 glow blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

34 glow blend.jpg

35 freeze blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

35 freeze blend.jpg

36 heat blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

36 heat blend.jpg

37 additive blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - SOLVED: it is called "Linear Dodge (Add)" in Photoshop

37 additive blend.jpg

38 subtractive blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND) - SOLVED: use Photoshop's "Subtract" blend with Invert applied as Clipped Mask to blended image

38 subtractive blend.jpg

39 subtract blend

39 subtract blend.jpg

40 interpolation blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

40 interpolation blend.jpg

41 stamp blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

41 stamp blend.jpg

42 xor blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

42 xor blend.jpg

43 invert blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

43 invert blend.jpg

44 tint blend (FW UNIQUE BLEND)

44 tint blend.jpg

My main interest are SOFT DODGE, INVERSE COLOR DODGEINVERSE COLOR BURN and NEGATION blends, so if anyone would be able simulate them in Photoshop, please, be so kind and let me/us know.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Family / later I found you earliery posted it Fireworks CS6 unique blend modes for Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to say...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PF is right place to request features. Then I visited it and found your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the reason I posted here is that I was ADVICED TO by a advanced user over there (PF): he said it would be good to post here cos according to him here is much more advanced users than there, it was not me wanting to flood the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to explain the reason you posted here. I was in PF topic and saw what made you came here, but before I found it I followed procedure, so sent you to proper place for such content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. Photoshop engineers don't lurk here. Feel free to submit your feature requests to Photoshop Family where the product engineers will see them.

Of Photoshop's 27 blend modes, I rarely use more than 5-6.   

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/layer-blend-modes/intro/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice: can you give me a link to "Photoshop Family where the product engineers will see them"? Sorry, I am comletelly new to this, so I have no clue where it is (where to find that webpage to post).

As for the number of blend modes you normally use (5-6): it is OK - I too use like 10 at max - the point of this post is to enable users who still did not migrated from FW to PS for various reasons (one of them missing blend modes in PS - part of my reasons) to be able to by finding the way how to simulated those in PS, tht is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Thanks for the advice: can you give me a link to "Photoshop Family where the product engineers will see them"? «

You already posted there. 

I recommended posting here, too, because I thought some among the regulars here might like to try the »brain-twister« of figuring out how to emulate some of the more curious Fireworks-Blend Modes. 

As for Soft Dodge I am still stumped … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to engineers was given in my original post, but there's no need to make another topic, that one you made already is what they need to get acquainted with the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you all for explanations, so I will wait patiently for possible solutions now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there are other ways to blend images:

If you have several layers, and go to File>Scrips>Statistics, there is a median filter that might be of use.

You can also invert the top layer, and try the blending modes again, or invert the layer stack order.

If you right-click on the top layer thumbnail in the layer panel, and select advanced blending, you can also play with the options therein: for instance unchecking two of the channels would give you something close to the red, green and blue blends. 30, 31 and 32

Playing with blend-ifs and the options, added to the blending modes gives you many other different options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the inverse blends invert the layer stack order: I can get close to 6 invert color burn if I put the bull on top and apply color burn.

For 40, interpolation blend, I alt-click the blend-if slider of this layer, and put them to the opposite ends, again with the bull on top.

43 seems to be difference with inverted layer stack (bull on top).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating the top blend layer, and alt-clicking between them clips them, and I get interesting results, not exactly Negation-25, but very close, if I set the top one to Divide, and bottom one to difference, with the bulldozer below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

44 Tint Blend seems to corresponf to Blend Mode Normal with a split Underlying Layer white handle. 

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 17.08.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 inverse color dodge blend seems to be identical to 14 linear dodge blend and corresponds to the inverted vehicle set to Divide. 

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 17.17.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the 12 inverse color dodge blend:

Unfortunatelly, the way I reproduced is not identical to FW output: for me your PS solution is missing thatblue bottom-right edge, unfortunatelly although I see it in your picture (tho not in the extent as in original FW outputed image)...you see? Just another reason for attached testing .psd file(s) I would say. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 INVERSE COLOR DODGE:

So, almost there...very close.

When tested with sample files from tthis post it looks identical BUT when I tested with some other images it turned out a bit different, see:

blending image

test2_blendingImage.png

bg image

test2_bgImage.png

FW result

test2_fw.jpg

PS result

test2_ps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

06 inverse color burn seems to correspond to inverted vehicle with Color Dodge over inverted background and the whole thing inverted. 

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 18.28.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks great, but could you always also attach your testing .psd file so I can test/understand how you did it, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see where the screenshots are unclear so they will have to suffice.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to explain my point: I am not nativ eneglish speaker, actually my english is just enough to understand a bit over average, so when you just write like "12 inverse color dodge blend seems to be identical to 14 linear dodge blend and corresponds to the inverted vehicle set to Divide." I am having a bit of problem to interpret it, so for instance now I understaood it like this:

1. set blend mode for BLENDING IMAGE to Linear Dodge
  2. invert the BACKGROUND IMAGE and set it blending mode to Divid

Is that correct?

I hope you now understand my "problem", but if you could write your solutions like I did here above (in logical easy understanfable steps) it would be absolutelly enough for me, of course. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Layer with the vehicle is atop. 

It is inverted (Image > Adjustments > Invert). 

Its Blend Mode is Divide. 

I marked relevant areas in the screenshot. 

firewoeksBlendModeInverseColorDodge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, now it seems to be correct (have to test it also with my real project, but it looks identical) - the order was the point I missed but now where is the part of "...seems to be identical to 14 linear dodge blend"? I understood it the way like I have to apply Linear Dodge (Add) to something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines