Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fireworks effect

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've seen several tutorials on how to add fireworks effects to text and get the general gist of it.  I am wondering if there is a way to add fireworks effects to text that has been transformed (perspective), or alternatively, to transform the fireworks text after the fact.

Thank you-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»to transform the fireworks text after the fact.«

What is keeping you from doing that? 

One can fro example convert one or multiplpe Layers to a Smart Object and then transform that. 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me - when I've converted to a Smart Object, "create work path" is greyed out.  (The only way I know to make the fireworks text needs a work path.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, a Smart Object is not a Type Layer. 

You could

• either load the Layer’s transparency as a Selection (cmd-clicking the icon in the Layers Panel) and Create Work Path (from the Paths Panel’s dropdown menu) 

• or convert the Type Layer to a Shape Layer and transform that (that way you definitely have a Path, namely the Shape Layer’s Vector Mask)

• or …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines