• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fit image to 3D Template - Edit Action Parameters!!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people,

I need help from someone who knows how to edit an ACTION.

Its does the following:

Take a image and insert it into a 3D template. Only that.
What is the problem?

I already have the CD template, but the action can't fit properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Image:

Cover Image.jpg

Original 3D Template:

_3dbox-merged.png

After run Action.atn:

Image Final.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Original CD image:

CD Image.png

 

My CD SIZE TEMPLATE:

NEED 3D - CD size.png

 

After run Action.atn with my CD Template:

Tengai Makyou_ Kabuki Ittou Ryoudaggn-01 copy.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Can someone help me?

I need to do this in a specific size, in this case in the standard CD template:

I provided a link with photos, template and action.atn only.

Thank you

Ps: Action Works on PS CC 20.0.10

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEA2bJF4OI8rf4kWYotgW3bKZrXf_OjK/view?usp=sharing 

Claudio

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply put the problem is you trying to put a square peg into a round hole.  Your replacement image is the wrong size. It look like your action is replacing the content of a smart object layer in a 2D image that  has a 3d perspective.  The replacement image look like it has the corrects aspect ration but is the wrong size.  You could open the smart object and fit the image to the object size to populate the wrong size image into the template.  However and action would not be able to do that because action can not use logic to deal with size.  You would need to use a Photoshop Script like in my toolkit the can use replace content or  Edit the content the replace the image.

You can also resize the image to the correct size than use your action. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JJMack, 

Many thanks for the reply. Where can I download your toolkit?

You talk about adjusting the image, how do I get the parameters right?

My images that I will use have the same pattern:

Square: 960x960 and Rectangular: 678x960

Claudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded you files you do not even have a template.  IMO you need to go back to the drawing board create mockup templates that are easy to populate.  Otherwise you will be forever recording custom actions for every each design you come up with to distort image for your designs. You are making something that is easy to do hard.

I would even think it would be easy to find Free CD mockup templates on the web.

Free CD Mockup template 

Try this mockups-design.com free download   it has 5 good CD mockup  template  examples. They are copatable with my batch muckup script.  Free Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack, 

But I only use these files, there's nothing else.

Its too easy. I made a video showing how it works for me.

The other video is showing how it goes wrong when I try to use the Square template.

Videos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eR2Icu6mjXDEMOuxFUyuUIv3jMigqopx?usp=sharing 

Thank you again.

Claudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes things go wrong for Actions can not deal with sizes well you do not actually have a way to populate different  templates.  Your action uses Place to place in your case so you would  need action for each  case your action can basically handle one  document size.  I did see one transform that  used percentages in its setting most steps used fixed settings in inches.  Your  Action works on an opened document then flatten it and places in what you feel is a template the massages the documents flatten single image into Templates single image location. You would need an action for each template that has a different image location and aspect ratio.   CD/DVD Jewel cases have more than one image they have side labels front  and back labels.  The are many free good CD mockup templates on the web that are easy to populate with a Photoshop script.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines