• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix for Photoshop issues with SentinelOne

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading over a thread from back in February about SentinelOne, found here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-2-on-windows-10-is-running-slow-with-sentinelo...

In the thread, people mentioned that an exception was able to be made to allow the applications to run properly. I was wondering if anyone knew what those exceptions were. I saw some mentioned of the cryptojacking security but wasn't sure if there were other things used. The SentinelOne library doesn't have preset entries for Adobe yet so I'm assuming Adobe and SentinelOne haven't talked about issues yet. 🙂

Note: We confirmed the issue was SentinelOne by removing it and testing. However, I can't just keep SentinelOne off of the machine so I will need some sort of fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

We have just received an incident from a user with Photoshop regarding the performance.

After the installation of the sentinelone agent, Photoshop had gotten a lot slower.

We have excluded the "C:\Program files (x86)\Adobe" path with subfolders & performance focus extended, and this had improved the performance by a little bit.

After further checking, we have found a few more paths that were in use by Photoshop. After excluding these aswell, the performance went back to normal.

In total we had 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just received an incident from a user with Photoshop regarding the performance.

After the installation of the sentinelone agent, Photoshop had gotten a lot slower.

We have excluded the "C:\Program files (x86)\Adobe" path with subfolders & performance focus extended, and this had improved the performance by a little bit.

After further checking, we have found a few more paths that were in use by Photoshop. After excluding these aswell, the performance went back to normal.

In total we had 6 possible paths, Photoshop preference file functions, names, locations (adobe.com)

But when we checked on the customer's pc, only 4 of them were in use. I've attached a screenshot of all the path exlusions we have made.

The link for preference file has listed 6 different paths, these are as following:

Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/

Users/[user name]/Library/Application

C:\Program Files\Adobe\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Applications/Adobe Photoshop

Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will work on getting this implemented and see how it works for me. We haven't had many customers say much but this location seems to be the unlucky one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines