Fixed: Dragging layers between files is not working in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag and drop of layers between files is not working.

I'm dragging a layer from an RGB file to a CMYK one and it's not working.

It used to be in past versions.

I'm on the latest version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265

Mac OS Catalina latest version: 10.15.6

Anyone knows how to fix?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-51596}

Thank you

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 16
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, can't drag a layer to another window after the new update. It only works if the window is not consolidated to a tab

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the dragging layer issue on another document. We're are aware of this issue and our engineering team working is on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can try one of the following workarounds:

• You can right-click on the layer > Select Duplicate and choose the destination.
  • Arrange the image windows side-by-side, then dragging will work. Window > Arrange > 2 Up Vertical.
  • Using the Move tool, drag the layer from the Canvas.
  • Dragging from Layers panel to the image tab using both mouse buttons

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 3
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next month I will pay the subscription with pottery, then you can try  to change it for cash at the bank. Just as a workaround.

Meanwhile I will donwload a "no so latest" version of Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Now fixed with the latest update.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You received an update today? To what version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

As soon as I turned the computer on, it told me that the Adobe Creative Cloud had been updated.

Version I'm on: Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265 2020/07/16: 2b9692040b x64

Probably it was an Hotfix, but you can see it in the image attached.

Cheers

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 15.08.13.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only affects files in tabs. If you turn off tabs, it doesn't happen. Tested on both Mac and Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure if you do the process Photoshop 19 and you can buy the licence original and this is possible for you to do somehow many of this has problems I have faced this issue before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0