• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Fixed) Pen Pressure broken in latest update

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've google solutions, done rolbacks and uninstals and not having any luck and all I have to show for it is losing all my presets. using Windows 10 and an old 24 inch HD Wacom Cintiq. Was working perfectly fine up until I updated the Photoshop, got two different pens, and neither work. the wacom software itself is recognising pen pressure but not Photoshop.

I've done the PSUserConfig.txt fix and thats not even working.

I'm asking here as a last resort.

Fixed: After posting, looked via date. deleted the PSUserConfig file and turned on Windows Ink in my tablet properties. Thankfully I set my backup files to save my appdata so I also got my presets back.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pressure is fixed, but I bet you now have issues with precise control of any setting with a slider. Try adjusting curves or crop and image and move the image around to center it. It all feels sticky. If you deselect Windows Ink, it works but you loose pen pressure again. This is costing me valuable time in ACR and Bridge when editing. It's just slightly annoying in PS for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the only fix for my tablet issue was the ! warning at pen pressure was not there, but there was still no variation. it looks like im drawing with my desktops mouse and yes it took all my presets, but yes i have them saved. I use imac. not sure about the ink fix, but i would love if i didnt have to dig around and make files for a program i pay for. i know that sounds snobbish but like a lot of people with kids right now i really need my time to be in creating and being "in flow" these issues are flow killers, energy draining. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines