• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop creating a debug.log file when you open a PSD File

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime I open a PSD file. Photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. How do I turn this off?

Untitled

[Moderator note: PS-55193]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but now I'm tired of Adobe's nonchalance.

A new version has been released but this annoying problem still remains and it creates a lot of extra work for us who work in a cloud environment.

The thread also says "SOLVED" and that is fake news.
Adobe has also promised us updates on the matter and it is also fake news.

Nobody says anything. Give us a solution now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, but in addition Windows Blue Screen after 30 seconds in Photoshop ! even doing nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Photoshop is still creating debug files in every folder I work in. It is a big trouble. Please give a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. Any fixes yet?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I am getting a debug.log file with repeated messages: "WARNING:dns_config_service_win.cc(668)] Failed to read DnsConfig." It is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well, with the latest version of Photoshop.

Also, it is completely empty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll jump in here with some help in Adobe's absence.  First, here are two workarounds:

A) Manually disable the "Spaces" plugin by renaming the folder.  On my computer it can be found at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces.  Rename the folder to something like "~Spaces" and restart Photoshop.  I don't know the exact purpose of this plugin but disabling it hasn't affected my Photoshop usage at all.  If it does interfere with your usage, or if you're scared to mess with the program files, use the other workaround:

B) Don't start Photoshop by opening a file.  This causes the debug.log file to be generated in the file's folder.  Instead, if you first open Photoshop from your apps menu and THEN open your file(s) as usual it doesn't create the debug.log files.  Just keep it open.

My interpretation of the problem:

The error code we're all seeing (warning X3571) seems like it's being generated by a sloppy implementation of WebGL code within the Spaces plugin.  Digging into those files a little bit, it looks like that plugin actually uses a lightweight build of Chrome which might have the sloppy code -- So Adobe might actually be at the Google community's mercy for a fix!  Just speculation anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip, thanks!

Does anyone know what Spaces is for?  I am nervous about disabling functionlity I may need in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a minute, we now have Chrome in our Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround of opening files through the Open dialogue box in Photoshop works for me, and it doesn't break my workflow. Thank you!

The situation is not ideal, however, and we should be able to use Photoshop without it throwing unwanted log files in our folders. I'm looking forward to a quick fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Spaces plugin also works, and during a few days of extensive usage I haven't found any drawbacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This was really bothering me. I know, there are larger issues in this world to worry about but pun intended, it was bugging me. Changing the  "Spaces" folder name works and I haven't experienced any negative consequences. In Photoshop 2023 the folder appears in two different directories. I changed both. Just search Spaces in File Explorer to find the locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the folder Spaces to ~Spaces seems to work, do not see an issue yet with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but Spaces is there for a reason...  Not everyone uses Photoshop for the same things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case someone would like to know...

I just updated Photoshop to v21.2.3 and the error ist still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
Just as sad as back then with acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes me too, today another update and with this update Canvas Size no longer works!!!
Adobe you do understand I cannot afford to have such a week link in my business, this is my living, deadlines only disappear when the client says F%*K-you!!!!!  Very shoddy work lately!  very shoddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday there was an update to v21.2.3, but the problem with debug.log is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update to v21.2.3 today didn't change anything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. When I export an image from photoshop an empty 'debug.log' text file appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Any of you using Capture One to save PSDs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I did use mod game relate and it working fine now the issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines