• Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Comunidad dedicada para hablantes de japonés
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Comunidad dedicada para hablantes de coreano
Salir
Bloqueada

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Principiante de comunidad ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copiar vínculo al Portapapeles

Copiado

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TEMAS
macOS , Windows

Vistas

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Directrices de la comunidad
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines

correct answers 1 respuesta correcta

Empleado de Adobe , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votos

Traducir

Traducir
Adobe
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copiado

Following on from the above I have suceeded in upgrading the Quadro 2000 drivers from 2015 version to 2018 version which is the latest on the NVIDIA website (version R375 U11 (377.83)).  This appears to have fixed my problem (at least for the last 15 minutes) and might be of help to others. I will reply again if it start failing again

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines

Copiado

Oh dear.  Worked in accelerated mode for a while (45 minutes) selecting bits then the "hand" tool wouldn't work giving the "Could note complete.." message when trying to drag the image. Zoom still worked as did saving the file but then the program would not exit giving the "Could not complete... " message when you told it to.

Very tedious.

It would be good if this is the graphics card problem?

David

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copiado

So.  I have now splashed out on a new graphics card which conforms to ADOBE requirements I believe - a MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti at £129.  This required an updated power supply £75.  (Fortunately I am happy fitting this stuff myself.)

And it now works... sort of.  At least it does not crash/lock up.

I get occaisional pauses when adjusting sharpening which is irritating but livable with.  This is with the Graphics accceleration turned on.

I'm going to try the latest upgrade next to see if that helps.

Thankfully this is my hobby not how I earn a living  I feel for those that need it for that.

David

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copiado

Blast.  Went to update and discover I have the latest version 22.0.1  I thought I had turned auto update off!  So sorry I cannot confirm if it is the graphics card or the 22.0 -> 22.0.1 update that "fixed" my problem

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,

Copiado

I am having the same issue - Today I have done everything I can - I have restored my computer to a previous version, I have uninstalled and re-installed creative cloud and all apps. I have updated my graphics cards... I now have 2 versions of photoshop on my pc... 2020 and 2021 - I cannot delete 2020. I also have Adobe Fuse Beta that I cannot delete without having to use third party software like Revo Unintsaller - I could not do any work today!!! This is ridiculous! I have a Laptop with a Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 card and a NVIDIA GEFORCE 710M card... and I cannot for the life of me get photoshop to work... 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copiado

Why not just make the previous version available. Easier to  re-install the previous version than go out and buy / install a new graphics cards, especially in the middle of a project.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

this is what I actually did right away after all so called "fixes" did not
work. rolled back Lr and Ps.

--
--------------------------------------------
East or West - North is the Best

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

Unfortunately, I deleted the 2020 version that worked when I downloaded the new one. As it turns out they did two upgrades in 2021 then upgraded the Creative Cloud App itself and the previous version doesn't appear to be available. I'm quite flustered right now.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

just did a quick search and found this
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html
did not dive deep into details, hope it works for you
--

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copiado

Nope. Message is that it "can't be downloaded securely." This is crap. There should have been a warning against updating. 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

How? I tried to download the previous version and got nothing but error messages. Thank you for anything you can tell me.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copiado

I tried. Downloaded. Scanned it with Defender. All is clean. I did not try to install it, coz i rolled back earlier 

Ustomchug_0-1605579469749.png

If you scroll down on website there are links to download, hope it helps.... 

Ustomchug_1-1605579546117.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

I have a new PC and PS worked fine until I updated it yesterday. Now I can't open any of my photos. And my graphics card is NOT old. Can I just uninstall the update and go back to the previous version. I CAN'T USE THE PROGRAM! How on Earth could you force this abomination on your users?!

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

If you were sorry you'd have fixed it by now. My PC is NEW. Nothing wrong with it. I don't know how to mess with hardware and I shouldn't have to. Where is the update and the fix? I put off updating and got sick of the messages and finally did it. You had WEEKS to warn users not to update and you did nothing and stuck me with a worthless program. Update, please. 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copiado

just updated PS five minutes. it appears to be working fine without the program error message appearing. Previously, the crtitcal Hand tool didn't work for me, and it looks to be working fine now -- keeping my fingers crossed.

i do not have a top-end graphics card, so disabling the use of a graphics card from the Performance preferences will render some PS features unavailable, but i can live with that for now. the important thing is i got PS functioning again...

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copiado

Ho appena aggiornato Photoshop e adesso non posso più attivare o disattivare il processore grafico. è davvero vergognoso....

--------------

I just updated Photoshop and now I can no longer activate or deactivate the graphics processor. It's really shameful ....

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

Ok Gents, 

there is a minor update released, not sure if anyone is willing to try it 🙂 I'll honestly wait. 🙂

Ustomchug_0-1605660553233.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

Waiting seems prudent 🙂 The other problem, I neglected to mention, is that I was initially trying to use to edit from Lightroom and it wouldn't open. I think I'll finish my current projects before trying to reload it. Thank goodness the newest version of Lightroom didn't blow-up -- at least, not yet 😉

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

yeah, you right, do not want to waste anymore time fighting with their bugs
🙂

--

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Empleado de Adobe ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copiado

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue. If that doesn't solve your issues follow the troubleshooting steps here: Known Issues

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

Has anyone updated this version yet? My hand tool doesn't work and I don't want to update this if everything else will break.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,

Copiado

Yeah, I tried it for a client having the issue. Didn't help at all.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

Thank you! My system is working well.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copiado

It's not help me(((

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copiado

Updating the app doesn't do anything. How about Adobe just fix the bloody problem. This error has been in multiple versions of Photoshop and it's now getting a bit long (note ridiculous). I don't care if you have to rewrite the entire application. You are paid on a annual/monthly subscriptions and the same stupid bugs persist release after release. 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines